Sunday, March 14, 2010

Can exercise be considered pampering oneself?

I wanted to search some benefits of pampering yourself, and I found some. But I found an interesting twist. Many sites considered eating healthy and exercising "pampering." Now, while I can see where they are coming from, that's not necessarily the pampering any of us here want. No! We want massages, 30 minutes alone, relaxing in a tub with a good book. But it brought an interesting point to mind, pampering is anything that you do that makes you feel good about yourself, and of course, when you exercise and eat right, you feel better about yourself.

As mentioned in the before post, I sort of hard core went off the bandwagon, but as part of pampering myself this month, I'm going to make it a point to get back to eating healthy and exercising regularly. I can't believe how many articles mentioned exercising as a form of pampering. So, if you're feeling overwhelmed, stressed, or anxious (and yes, thinking you're too busy for exercise is considering stressing out), head to the gym for a half hour. It counts as pampering!!

Of course, straight up traditional pampering is good for you too and is obviously lots of fun!!
Audrina Patridge - googleimages search
google images search

No comments:

Post a Comment