Sunday, March 14, 2010

March weeks 1 and 2 check in

So, I know this lately has become sort of a disaster blog. I'm half tempted to just say "forget about it" and never write another post. I'm losing momentum, and I know you out there are too. How did this start off sounding like such a great idea, and here I am, barely 1/6th of the way through the year, and I'm ready to throw the towel in?

And I did ponder throwing the towel in. In fact, just mere minutes ago before I started typing this, I was thinking about what I would say, but then I realized, no, it's time for me to get remotivated. Sure, I have a few set backs, my accident, then a birthday disaster, but I'm ready to get back serious about this.

So, we will check in with this month's challenge. This one was pretty easy, obviously. But I noticed that this time, when I got my manicure/pedicure, and highlights/hair cut, I made sure I was more aware of this being a treat, rather than something I just needed to do to look good. I sat there actively thinking "this is a rare treat that not everyone does." And it made it just a little bit more special.

Well, there you have it for me. The first weekend, I got a manicure and pedicure, then this weekend, I got my hair cut and highlighted, AND took a two hour nap, which is unheard of in my house hold. But I feel relaxed, pretty, and ready to get face the world.

In other news, I sort of fell off the workout bandwagon after the accident, so starting this week, I'm going to get re-energized to hit the gym every day. I also haven't had a good day of clean eating in over a week, so I'm committing myself to eating healthfully this week. I'm also committing to doing a better job of this blog. In fact, I think I'm going to research some stuff to post right now. And later this week, I have an interesting article/challenge that if you think exercising and not eating chocolate is hard, try this one on for size! Sort of puts things in perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment