Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Get Excited! January's Goal is Here! 30X30

I know you've all been waiting with bated breath for January's goal and as the new year slowly approaches, I know you are just ITCHING to get this thing moving!! So here it is! No need to wait any longer. This month's goal is... The 30X30!!

What is that you may ask? Basically, the gist is: get off your lazy ass and get moving for at least 30 minutes per day for 30 days in a row. NO EXCUSES!

To be fair, I'll admit, I'm copying this 100% from my favorite life-coach/well-coach Ron Jones who created for himself as a 2007 New Year's goal and took it to his Lean Beret Group in 2009. I'm encouraging everyone to take a few minutes and visit the Lean Beret 30X30 2009 site as it provides great motivation. After you visit that site, I know you'll be just as excited as I am for January. I'm printing out the Public Declaration Flyer and posting it on my cube and at my house for a constant visual reminder.

I know some of you might be like "But that's hard! I don't have time. This is starting it off too difficult! Forget this Be Well in 12 program." To you I say "Bah!" If you want the year to be great, why not start it off with a challenge? By accomplishing this, you'll only be more motivated as the year progresses.

There's no minimum requirement of what constitutes "exercise". It can be at your own pace and can be as simple as walking or stretching, and can be as vigorous as running, swimming or hiking. Whatever gets you out there and moving will work.


Unlike many exercise recommendations you've heard, these don't even have to be in increments of 10 minutes, 5 at a minimum will work. And don't tell me you don't have 5 minutes. DO NOT TELL ME THAT! That is an excuse, and what's the number one rule? NO EXCUSES!

Walk around the office building before entering from the parking lot, do a lap of Target before you start shopping, when you walk to a cart at lunch, walk around the block first. Do some light stretching before you wake up. Take a 10 minute walk after dinner. Of course, I'll hit the gym most days, but do what works for you, what will keep you committed. There's no one here to judge you because you didn't run 3 miles during your 30 minutes. We're only judging if you don't work out at all. :)

You have three days to get excited. Look for some motivational posts before the 1st to get you excited! I know I'm excited! I feel like if I can accomplish this, I'll be well on my way to a more healthy, happy 2010! If you want the year to be great, you have to start it off great!

So, what do you think? Are you excited? How are you planning on accomplishing this!? And remember: 


Photo Credit: iStockphot



3 comments:

  1. i'm totally psyched! 30 minutes is so DOABLE so i better not get lazy. we can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm doing the new years 10k at 1 pm; i should be good at that time and will get a free pink hat i hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All right girls!!!

    T- awesome about the New Year's 10K, perfect way to start the year

    N - That's the spirit!! I love it! Better not get lazy!! We CAN do it! (YES WE CAN - hahah! JK!) But seriously, get pumped, totally doable!

    ReplyDelete