Wednesday, February 3, 2010

30X30 Check in

So, there you have it folks! A log of an entire month of working out. All pretty intense, full out workouts, except for the last few, dark days. But all in all, I'm impressed with myself. I did it! I set a goal out and I accomplished it!

Now, onto February!

So, how did everyone else do? I think Scarlett, Erin, and Susan managed to also pull a full month of workouts in. Danie was very close, I think missed only one day. Caroline and Tanya get honorable mentions while Erica and Greta get an F from Coach Phillips. But kudos also to Carla and Becca who put forth some effort to this. Hey, anything is better than none! So, great job everyone!

Although I wanted to continue working out once the goal was completed, clearly I need a break. It's February 3 right now. I did not do any form of exercise Monday or Tuesday. Today I did get a 30 minute walk in with Becca, but it was low impact, and just something to get me moving.

I have wanted some chocolate in the past few days. I think since I can't have it, I want it more. And it's only day 3. But I'll manage. I completed January, and now I'll complete February. Who is with me?!  Remember, you get one cheat day over the Valentine's Day weekend, or if it's your birthday, I'll give you two days.

I'll find some articles on the perils of sugar and high refined carbs and post sometime this month.

Happy February, and remember, if it starts with a C and is delicious and tasty, you'd best not be eating any of it!

xoxo, Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to repeat Jan (if that's ok). I felt like I had a slowish start but fortunately was able to kick it into high gear the middle weeks.

    As for the sans C treats this month, I would like to use my pass towards the end of the month at a friend's birthday instead of Valentine's day. Ok??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Caroline, I'm going to repeat January since I got started late, and didn't really even do it 100%. LOL, but I'll kick it into high gear also this month.
    -Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. CJ - yes! Friend's birthday is totally acceptable! Susan is using her's near the end of the month as well because her brother is getting married, so that is fine! It's already been tough. WTF?! Why do I want candy and cookies all the time. ALL. THE. TIME!? And yes! Repeat January! That's the point, remember, that it would become habit. I'm planning on getting back to the gym next week, but just for bike and elliptical. I think weights are going to have to wait for a few more weeks! :( But great job in January! I'm very proud of you, and we can do February! Short month!

    Carla- definitely do it as well. You can do it!! Are you down for the no treats as well?

    xoxo to you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete