Monday, February 15, 2010

Week 2 Check In

Well, this one was definitely harder than last month's! How can not eating sweets be harder than forcing yourself to work out every day one month? It just doesn't make sense!

I know Danie's already broken down and had sweets more than once this month. Anyone else want to fess up? Anyone!?

Ok, ok, you got me! I effed up this month! I did! :'( Yikes! I know! So, yesterday, I knew there would be chocolate cake for dessert after dinner, so when someone offered me a handful of some chocolate candies earlier that day, I did not say no. I figured yesterday was the day. But after dinner, I was just too full to eat the cake. Not wanting to be a party pooper, I told K I would have some today. And so while I haven't effed up just yet, I will tonight. I will have a piece of the cake, and it will have been two days in a row with a forbidden food item. And I feel guilty.

I especially feel guilty because I haven't exercised all month. That's right! Not once ALL MONTH. It's been a deadly combination of being snowed in, my accident (it's hard to want to work out when you can't move your arm), and numerous doctor's appointments. I think I'm going to head out there tonight, but I obviously can't do the rower, I can't lift weights, it just 100% sucks. Sucks. I guess it's back to the danged bike for me. Woo hoo, 150 calories in a full hour! I'm debating wearing my sling or not. On one hand it is a HUGE pain in the ass. On the other, at least people will recognize that I'm injured, that's why I'm so pathetic in there. I'm seriously afraid to go back to the James Center in the morning for fear of all the comments I'll get "where have you been all month missy?" Ugh! Why is my life such a hot mess?

Ok, well, enough rambling about me. How have you all been doing this month?

Oh, and I've tried to google search some articles about the perils of sugar, but haven't really found one yet. So, that's why there's been less education this month.

Stay safe out there people. And good luck for the rest of the month! I've decided the first half was a disaster, but I'm counting the pluses (for example, baking cookies without tasting one), and will resign to end the month on the right step! Back to the gym, and starting tomorrow, no more sweets, in fact, I'll extend it til my birthday in March, to make up for the indisgression this weekend!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. hey there. well i did suggest maybe allowing sweets once a week. i am a rebel at heart so the idea of no sweets, chocolate, etc. for a whole month was too hard for me. however i have eaten i think less chocolate since considering for about two months i was having a piece every day. i can't resist the dark chocolate and bacon or the chocolate, almonds, sea salt, and of course a krispy kreme is difficult too. Today i needed a hug and since there was no huggable person in sight, i had 3 chocolate cherry hershey kisses. i did bake a cake and it failed miserably hence no eating it. we'll see how the rest of love month goes..mardi gras is tomorrow wonder what the temptation will be then....;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well, as long as you're more aware! I just laughed about the dark chocolate and bacon? That is the funniest combination! Made me laugh. And I'm sorry the cake didn't work out, but like you said, then you didn't eat it! Are you still in Mississippi or New Orleans right now? If so, the temptation is going to be out of control! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, Sarah! What did you have!? Well, if you haven't had it today yet, you still have a chance to decide. But I'm not one to talk. I've had sweets three times this month. There was cake at the office, then I had a hot chocolate, and then creme brulee for dessert last night. But I'm with you, starting today, back on track. I've been good with the gym though! Sorry you haven't been able to make it. You'll get back soon, I know it!
    - Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey sarah, actually in pensacola, so had fresh fabulous seafood twice. and not alot of temptation sweet wise. i need to have someone on call who can come give me a hug when i need it compared to eating chocolate. better luck with rest of the month i guess.

    ReplyDelete