Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 1 Check In

Just wanted to see how everyone was doing with the No C rule.

I have to say, I am most disappointed in D, who had Cake at a Superbowl Party!!! Seriously! You can't make it one week!? One week, I ask!!!?

Anyways, this is very hard, I don't know if it's because I can't have it, or if I always am this crazed about sweets, but I'm finding the candies at the grocery store and the candy dishes around the office are calling me just a little more often and a little more loudly than usual!

Then, this weekend, being snowed in, it was very hard not to drink a nice, hot, creamy, delicious cup of hot chocolate! But I did not!
 
ehow.com


And I made chocolate chip cookies for my neighbor (see sidebar below), without a single tasting! This was a feat people! A feat! I usually eat at least half of the cookies I ever make, usually most of it in the raw form. So, needless to say, this was quite an accomplishment for yours truly.
 
google images


So, tell me how you all did, in the snow. Did you fall shamelessly for a cheap piece of cake, like Danie? Or did you stand strong and true to your values?

PS - Caroline, yes, you can have the treat during your friend's birthday later on in the month. Susan, yours is for your brother's wedding, but beware during Valentine's weekend, when the chocolate kisses will be beckoning!

4 comments:

  1. I am honored to know you. You are the only one in history who has made chocolate chip cookies without eating at least a few tablespoons of raw dough. And to not at least lick the spoon or pop a few chocolate bits that fall on the counter. Truly IMPRESSIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelsie!! I appreciate your support and the fact that you know just how amazing that was!! Hahaha! I definitely felt all self-righteous of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i ate half a roll of raw dough in grad school and swore to self and stomach that it would never happen again...girls nite was pretty much ruined!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Tanya! Too funny! Although at least you never did it again! So, something good came of it!

    ReplyDelete