Wednesday, January 20, 2010

30X19 and 20

So, as I wrote about earlier, I am obsessed with the rower at the gym. I totally love it! Here's what to expect if you try it. 5 minutes seem pretty easy. 10 minutes and your back starts to feel it. 15 minutes and your back and arms are burning. 20 minutes...well, I haven't gotten there yet.

Yesterday, got in a full hour round-the-gym. 15 minutes rower, 15 minutes bike, 15 minutes elliptical, and 15 minutes arc trainer. I find that it helps me sometimes to get through the routine if I can break it up. 15 minutes sounds doable. 1 hour does not.

What is your favorite gym machine? Mine is the rower and kickboxing class.

Today was the usual Wednesday morning weight training. The gym was packed with newbies, ugh.

Don't I just sound like such an obnoxious gym rat?

Danie, me and a few of the regular guys were bitching about it. (once again, don't I sound like an obnoxious gym rat?) Were these new years resolutioners? Or maybe there was some sort of convention at the Omni? Whatever it was, they were crawling all over the place. (oh, and as a side note, these guys also agreed with our assessment of the Tuckahoe YMCA and agreed the James Center was clearly the superior Y in the Richmond metropolitan area).

Back to the new people. This one guy was totally hogging an incline bench press. We go to do some different moves and literally a full 20 minutes later, we go back and he was still on it!! Seriously, what are you doing on one machine for over 20 minutes?! It was ridiculous. Then, another guy was wearing the most obscene outfit. Admittedly had a pretty hot bod, but he was wearing the tightest bike shorts I have ever seen. They were short and tight and made of spandex. It was odd. He seemed like a man's man, not someone I would have guessed would have been of the spandex persuasion. The real reason they were so obscene was he had the biggest bulge in his pants (not that I was looking, but...) Completely inappropriate. Of course the sexual deviant gym rat was there being sick as usual. But yea, just an unusually large amount of people we'd never seen before. Don't they know the unspoken rule of the James Center YMCA? You let me and Danie do what we want and you get out of our way!!

This is what I felt the gym was like this morning.

collegepublisher.com

And just because I love me some Britney Spears.

  


x17.com

No comments:

Post a Comment