Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Constitutional Success and 30X13

As you may remember, today was the deadline for getting in a constitutional for the first wellness shot. I'll admit, I went right up to the deadline and didn't know whether I'd do it or not. It was so cold, I was busy, blah blah blah. EXCUSES. But I'm always one for obeying rules and meeting goals, so during lunch, Danie and I went out for a brisk walk around Brown's Island. Success is mine for the first Wellness Shot Challenge! Also, I used the word "constitutional" at least a dozen times over the past week, including today when several coworkers mistakenly said "you two going for a walk?" We made sure to correct them real quick.

The constitutional ended up being a great idea. It was so nice outside, the sky was perfect blue, there were other fellow walkers/runners out. We decided it was also beneficial because we got our daily allowance of Vitamin D as well. But no worries, our face moisturizers have SPF, so we were covered, although, I'm never one to shy away from unprotected sun exposure! (Bad, I know, I know!) But all in all, we returned to the office rejuvenated. I'm thinking another fitness challenge will be to take a constitutional (aren't I obnoxious with that word?) maybe three times a week or something like that. But that's for a future month.

Danie had a great idea. I should have brought a camera to document this very special occasion and post on this blog. I didn't even think of that! So, in the future, I will be better!

Also got in the regular Wednesday morning weight training this morning at the Y, so today was a pretty good day.

So, some of you are keeping up with this. I think Caroline had a constitutional when she walked to the grocery store a few days ago. In the bitter cold, no less! How's everyone else doing!? Gotta stay motivated!  Sheesh, it's only the 13th. You're not telling me you couldn't stick with this for less than two weeks, are you!?

No comments:

Post a Comment