Monday, January 4, 2010

30X4

Ok, so I know some of you have been a little slack over the weekend. Hey, you were hungover, you had stuff to do, you'd rather start a workout regime on a Monday. Whatever the excuse is, I'm forgiving it. I'm saying "that's okay" and letting you off the hook. Your 30X30 can start today and be a 30X26. I don't want you to give up because you already messed up. That is no excuse. Time to get back off your lazy bum, get excited about the wellness movement, and get pumping. I hope everyone, no excuses this time, made it out today to the gym. So, tell me, what did you do!?

I went to the gym this morning and got 45 minutes generic cardio in. But I tried a new machine! Which was pretty exciting! The rower. I only did it for 5 minutes, but hey, it was something new, and I definitely could feel it even after just 5 minutes in my arms!

Erin gave me this calendar with quotes on it (for this very blog, how sweet!), and whenever a day comes across that is worth sharing, I will. Today just happened to be one of those days: "The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: decide what you want." - Ben Stein. This couldn't have been more perfect if I'd planned it. You need to decide what you want. Do you want to get healthy? Do you want to lose weight? Do you want to run your first marathon this year? Do you want to be less stressed out and more forgiving? Whatever it is, decide what it is, then make it a priority. Like I've said several times, no excuses. The rest will naturally follow, I promise.

I also like his idea of "first step." Because that's what this all is. Just one step after the other. No big bang is going to come and POW, just like that 30 lbs drop off. That's where the trouble begins. One of the many reasons resolutions don't work is people make resolutions, then get frustrated, bored, and off track when they don't see immediate tracks. But that's no way to win the race, you need to stay the course, baby steps. And the first step is the hardest, and as Ben put it, indispensable. Now that you've made that first step, you need to vow to stay on course. Realize there's no magic time machine to take you where you want to be overnight. It may be long and difficult, but it can also be tons of fun getting there. You're heading in the right direction, and the key is one step at a time.

I've decided what I want, it's not to get sidetracked on my resolutions (hence the blog, writing daily will keep me on track of it. I encourage you to do the same. Comment here, no matter what it is. At least writing it will keep you accountable).

One small step for Sarah, one giant leap for Sarah-kind.

3 comments:

  1. ok i'm reading this and i'm definitely going to do someon demand before work. gym and weights was in the plan, but not before work, soat least 10 min abs and other plans. so you're doing great Sarah! good luck with the soda addiction. you're making fab progress. hopefully i will as well. ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you inspired me somuch that before work i did 12 minutes of abs, went to gym after work(8pm) and did an intense 35 min HIIT upper body workout and ran/walked on treadmill for 35 minutes. normally would run, but think i drank too much water, so was rather full! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya - that's awesome! Glad to see you said you would do it, and you did it!!! You rock girl! And ain't nothing wrong with being full on water! :) You got in 82 minutes! You're making me look like a lazy slob! I need to get my butt in gear now! I like the on demand idea before work, just a quick something, doesn't take too much time in the morning! But anyways, yay is right!!

    ReplyDelete