Saturday, January 2, 2010

30X2

So, unlike yesterday, I was totally in the mood to work out this morning! I woke up to take the 8:30 Zumba class at the Downtown Y, and got a great workout in. Although I will admit, I'm not a coordinated little thing, and a casual passerby may have though I was having a seizure, but I worked up a good sweat. The class was an hour, so I more than met today's goal.


 



After the class, I did some extra stretching. I found that in classes in general, they never properly stretch you out, so I did an extra 10 minutes stretching. I'd neglected my iliotibial band and piriformis since I got hurt and stopped running, and had become very lazy about stretching, so today when I did those two stretches, man, it hurt so good. I need to get back into my old routine of stretching before I go to bed. Once again, laziness set up in when I stopped running.

After the gym, I raked my leaves, which is debatable whether or not that was a good move. It was really cold out there, there was some frozen water collecting by the shed, so I'm thinking it was below freezing, plus the wind was howling! But I needed to get up the majority of the leaves as the new grass seeds I planted this fall don't like having the wet leaves on them, not that I blame them. This took 45 minutes. So, not only did it leave me wondering with the wind if it was a good idea, but also if I should have waited and done that tomorrow to get in my 30 minutes. Now I need to find something new for tomorrow, dang it! :)

So, I'm not hearing a lot of noise out there. Is anyone there? Did you guys fall off the wellness bandwagon quicker than John Mayer goes through new women? C'mon! Get your butt in gear. You should be embarrassed!! If I can do it, trust me, you can too!

xoxo, Sarah

PS - officially completed 5 full days with no soda! I'm on day 6 right now. Please feel free to congratulate me! It was a double whammy withdrawal. Soda in general and all those artificial sweeteners, but also caffeine, since I get my caffeine from soda (I don't care for the taste of coffee). Look at me! Getting all healthy and everything.

PS2 - This morning, I officially weighed myself (YIKES) and took all my measurements and took some "before" photos. Now clearly, the "before" photos should have been taken back in something like 2007, when I first decided to "get serious." But that's not the point. The point is start now, fresh, and not worry about all the failure in the past! Oh, and if you think you'll EVER see the before pictures, sorry, you are sadly mistaken. But trust me, I'm putting your best interest, or more specifically, the best interest of your eyes, at heart here.

2 comments:

  1. Go Sarah go!!

    I've heard good things about Zumba...ever tried body pump?? I'm on my way now and will walk to the grocery store (equals a little more than an mile) after to add some extra time to my exercise today :)

    I'm excited about starting the first full week of 2010 on a healthy note!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!! Get your body pumping! Yes! I have taken that class a few times before! Awesome work out! And double congrats if you walk to the grocery store because it is cold and windy out there!! Let me know if you do do it!!

    And I'm excited too!! xoxo. This is the year, like I said, I can just feel it!!

    ReplyDelete