Saturday, January 9, 2010

30X9

Ok, we're about a third of the way in! Aren't you all feeling amazing!? I know I do! It's getting to the point where I'm now expecting to go workout every day, and if I don't, I feel like something's missing. It's a great place to be. Danie and I were talking today at the gym, and we're thinking we'll have our own internal challenge to continue this after January (but once again readers, no worry, I won't be expecting you do to the same. I think you'll find you want to though after January is over, you'll be so surprised at how amazing you feel). Anyways, we're going to add 5 minutes each month. That sounds pretty reasonable, doesn't it? And I really do believe by the end of January, going to the gym every day will be a habit, and that's a habit we can all live with!

In other news, I am IN LOVE with the rowing machine! Where has this machine been my whole life? I am just doing 5 minutes on it now, sort of just as a little extra when I'm done with my workout, but I'm definitely going to increase the time and incorporate it daily into my workout. It burns tons of calories without you really feel like you're working that hard. This is because it uses all the major muscle groups, and if you think about it, most cardio only does the lower half. So, if you engage more muscles, it only makes sense. Most people assume it only works your upper body, but that's not true. It works the thighs, butt, arms, back and core all together. In addition, it's low impact (perfect for my healing foot). Anyways, I'm obsessed with this machine! Love it! If you guys have one at your gym, just try it for 5 minutes, let me know what you think!!

found on several websites with no photo credit
 

No comments:

Post a Comment