Sunday, January 24, 2010

30X22,23,24

I am getting slack on these posts! Also, I have a guest blog to do (yes, I know, I'm sooo popular), and I just can't seem to find the time to do it! But I guess that's because I'm spending my extra time working out! :)

Regular weight workout Friday.

Saturday was a super fun 30 minutes in, or make that 2 hours! I went biking along the Capital Trail. We had a super fun time and I love that I was able to get my 30 minutes while still having a really fun outing. It was a little chilly, but we warmed up from the biking and it turned out to be an incredible day (both weather and otherwise). Anyways, my butt is still a little sore today, but it was totally worth it.

The trail is going to be so nice when it's finished. It'll run from Richmond to Williamsburg sort of along Route 5, down by the Plantations and River. I think the final trail will be about 40 miles, but even if you don't do the whole thing, they'll be lots of parts to just drive down and get a quick run or bike in. For as long as I lived here, I always thought that Richmond was missing more trails along the river, so I'm very happy to see this development.

Oh, and what are your thoughts on bike helmets for a leisurely afternoon bike ride? We weren't wearing any, and I definitely was making fun of the thought of us wearing helmets (plus, I don't even own one), but every single person we passed on a bike had a helmet on! Every last one of them! Were we wrong to not be wearing helmets? Was it National Helmet Appreciation Day and we didn't get the memo?

Here's some photos I found from theaellen fliker's page (popped up on google image search). Obviously this is in spring and we had a little bit of a different view. I have GOT to start remembering to bring my camera along.

 


Today, Danie and I went for an hour walk, we both had lots to catch each other up on from our weekends, so it was a nice walk down and around Byrd Park.

Anyways, that's my weekend, how did everyone else do!?
xoxo, Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Um excuse me miss! Please update this blog!

    If you need a guest poster, holler at your girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know!! I'm planning on getting up to date. Ugh. But at least I'm still working out! I think you and I are the only ones that were successful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where is that park? that doesn't look like byrd park. i soo want to go to pocahontas with someone sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it wasn't Byrd Park. It was down along the James, between Charles City and Jamestown. That was the portion of the Capital Trail that was open.

    I'll go with you to Pocahontas! What all does it have there? Wait until it gets a little warmer!

    ReplyDelete